Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Recall This, Recall That

Before I had kids, I had no idea that I needed to pay attention to recalls or mail in those silly product registration cards.  I am definitely more aware of recalls because I have two little girls that depend on me for their safety and security.

One of the best things I have done is register for recall emails from the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC).  Any time a recall is posted on their site, I get an email.  I look at every single one of these emails and have found a handful of items that we own which have been recalled. 

I learned of a crib mattress recall for a mattress we purchased at Pottery Barn Kids.  The recall email came out, I printed it off and took it to the store the same day and received a new mattress.  The mattress was recalled due to it being smaller than it should have been, posing an entrapment hazard. 

Items covered in the recall emails cover more than just baby and kids products, they cover everything. 

You can receive the CPSC's recall notification emails by signing up here.  I highly recommend it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment