Friday, January 2, 2009

Welcome to Soddie's Place

Welcome to Soddie's Place. I am toward the end of my vacation from work, Abby is napping, Murphy is behaving and Steve is at work. I have been perusing new and old friend's pages on facebook and decided I wanted to occasionally post a few thoughts and pictures for others to enjoy, disparage, or simply view.

I was tagged 'Soddie' in college. It is a shortened version of my maiden name. College was a very transitional time in my life. Soddie reminds me of where I came from and where I am headed, anything is possible.

I have a 16 month old daughter (Abigail), a 4 1/2 year old golden retriever (Murphy) and I am married to a wonderful man (Steve). We sometimes barely make it through the day and others seem to go by too fast and are so much fun it makes me sad when they are over.

I look back on 2008 and wonder how we made it. 2 working parents with demanding jobs, a very mischievous dog and a baby at the beginning of the year that has grown into a very fast moving toddler (she is also mischievous). We no longer set our alarm clock and haven't for about 16 months. Our little blond haired blue eyed alarm clock wakes us every morning, sometimes at 5:30am and sometimes at 7:30am, we prefer the latter.

I'll write more in the coming days, but wanted to get this blog kicked off. Happy New Year to everyone, I hope 2009 brings you all the happiness and memories you desire!

No comments:

Post a Comment