Sunday, September 20, 2009

Full Steam Ahead...

I was awake from 3 - 4:30am this morning with so many things running through my head. I never thought my husband starting a new job last week (after 6 months of not working) would be more stressful than him being out of work. Maybe I am doing all this to myself, but we have a deadline, exact date unknown as it's the birth of a child, which according to my Dr. will be born in approx. 3 months.

I was trying to sort out all of the things that need to happen in my head at 3am. I really should of gotten up and written it down, instead of letting it swirl in my head with no order for 90 minutes...

We need to tackle the following in the next 3 months (sequentially in this order, at least for now):

1.) Buy shed for back yard (ideas of building on ourselves have long been thrown out the window), tuff shed here we come!
1.5) get rid of the 65 (?) MGB in our garage, would be a nice project car for someone, any takers, real cheap?
2.) Clean out the garage, yes this project was started in January is still a very pathetic work in progress. Some items from the garage will go into the shed.
3.) Install new shelving in garage and put down carpeting. Move items from our third bedroom, otherwise known as the 'office', into the garage.
4.) Get half Jack and Jill bath converted to a full bath, closing up the bathroom door to the office. The office will become Abby's 'big girl room'. We need to settle on a layout, buy a vanity, pick out tile and fixtures, but most importantly, pick a contractor...
5.) Paint Abby's new room and purchase new big girl furniture for her from Pottery Barn Kids. All of her stuff is on sale right now, yippee...
6.) Paint master bedroom since a closet door will be closed up (gulp, we are losing one of our closets) and we'll have some brand new drywall that needs painting.
6.5.) Buy new TV for bedroom. Steve hates this idea, but it will provide me with much needed escapism and downtime.
7.) Purge, purge, purge all the stuff we don't need and haven't used for years. I've already started this, but it will take some time. Many trips to goodwill are in order for sure.
8.) Get Abby's old clothes down from garage rafters, wash, sort through and get ready for baby # 2.
9.) Have baby
10.) Figure out where Abby is going to go to school full time starting in the Spring.
11.) Pray I don't 'lose it' during all this chaos...

And, I officially started my new job at work last week, finally transitioned out of my old one so no longer doing 2 jobs, whew! That should free up some much needed time.

1 comment:

  1. well i know a good contractor! and we are still needing to clean out our garage too and build a shed. it sounds like our lists are a lot alike...except I'm not having a baby in 3 months. Whew!

    I hate when I lay in bed for so long and then regret not just getting up and acting on all those things in my head and feeling like I got something accomplished while I was awake.

    And Steve will end up loving the TV in the room....you just wait and see! He'll be the one escaping to the quiet room!

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete