Friday, February 20, 2009

'Ni Ni '

Just a quick post for today... Yesterday, Abby's nap wasn't a long as normal because a noise woke her up.

After I got home from work, we went on your daily walk with Murphy. When we got home and I was taking her out of the jogging stroller, she looked up at me and quietly said 'ni ni' (aka: night night). She asked to go to bed. I was so proud of her for recognizing she was tired and that she wanted to go to bed, it was her choice.

The many times we didn't stay out late with family and friends, the many times we stayed home on the weekends to make sure she got her sleep have paid off. She's on a pretty stable schedule and we try very hard not to deviate from it. Some people understand, other's don't, but I feel because of the sleep she gets she's a very happy, energetic toddler and when she gets sick, it passes quickly.

Our sleep book of choice is Dr. Weissbluth's "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child".

No comments:

Post a Comment