Monday, January 25, 2010

"Fairies - Come Here Fairies"

With all of my brilliant parental wisdom, I pulled off the ultimate nap crime yesterday...

We are big on sleep in our house, at least for the little ones. Steve and I aren't sleeping much these days, but that may have something to do with the 5 week old in the house.

Before Abby's nap time yesterday, I read her the book 'Ten Tiny Fairies'. The last page in the book has a picture of a little girl sleeping with visions of the Ten Tiny Fairies in her dreams. In great hopes that Abby would nap, I told her "If you close your eyes and nap, you'll see fairies". BIG MISTAKE. For over 90 minutes I heard her yelling "Fairies, come here fairies", followed every once in a while with "mommy, I need my wings". Needless to say, there was no nap yesterday....

No comments:

Post a Comment