Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Apple Picking - Becoming a Tradition

What am I going to do with 15 pounds of apples?  This is what happens when we do any sort of picking.  For the past 3 years we've been berry picking in June and we've started the tradition of going apple picking in September.  It's so much fun to watch my kids pick their fruit off the vine/tree and running through the fields.

I am kind of selective when it comes to what my kids eat, so we only go to organic farms..  The berry farm is close (Webb Ranch in Portola Valley) , but the apple farm was 1 1/2 hours away (Clearview Orchards in Watsonville).  Typically not a bad distance, but we got a late start and had an afternoon nap we are up against.  Abby starting yelling, screaming actually, that she wanted to go home 15 minutes from the farm.  Oh boy, that was not enjoyable.  I knew as soon as we got there, the girls would have fun.  We pulled into the parking lot and they were giddy with excitement.

Steve wasn't able to join us this time around as he was in Chicago participating in an annual 'guys weekend' trip.  Next year he'll join us.

Emily picking an apple.



Abby picking an apple.



Now I'm off to find recipes to help me get through some of the 15 pounds of apples I have sitting on my kitchen counter.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment