Saturday, June 29, 2013

Would a Ham Sandwich Make You Cry?

There are a lot of things that can make a person cry, but a ham sandwich?

Abby has been at gymnastics camp this week.  She's there from 8:30am until 3pm.  That's a long day for her.  She's the type of kid, who everyday after Kindergarten needed quiet time in her room to veg out and re-energize.  She's never been at something this intense for this duration.  She's also a 'young-five' as they call them, so she's a younger than most of the kids in camp.



I worked from home on Thursday so I was able to pick her up.  She hasn't been eating her full lunch so of course that is one of things I asked her about after we got in the car.

Me: "Abby, did you eat your lunch today"
Abby: "No Mommy, it looked like ham"
Abby: then in full on, end of the world screaming, "I don't like hhhhhaaaaaaammmmmmm!!!!"

Then she started crying, uncontrollably.

I mixed up their lunches this morning and packed the wrong one for Abby.  The poor thing is so tired after camp she's having trouble keeping her wits about her.  I really don't blame her and she's generally very well behaved.

Some days I feel like screaming "I don't like (fill in the blank)" at the top of my lungs while at work.  How do you think that would go over?

Art and circus camp is on tap for next week.  She is so excited for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment