Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Surgery Canceled - A Blessing in Disguise

My surgery today was canceled for a variety of reasons.  I won't bore you with the details. 

When I found out it wasn't going to happen I called UCSF Sports medicine to see if they were back on track to do a new cartilage growth/transplant procedure.  They go in, take cartilage cells out of your knee, grow it in a controlled environment for 6-8 weeks (if you know cartilage, it's very difficult to do), then they sew it back in.  I received a promising email from the research coordinator.  My fingers are crossed. 

In the mean time, I'm still going to take a week off work.  I'm capped out on my vacation accrual anyway, so might as well. 

Today, I applied for and received my California Resellers license.  More on this in the coming weeks. 

I also went to Ikea to get my home office for my new business a little better outfitted.  Why I think I can tackle furniture at Ikea solo is beyond me.  I have this misconception; since the furniture is on the cheap, it shouldn't be heavy.  Well, I wrestled that 80 lb box and it's sitting in the back of my car right now.  I'll let Steve unload it later today.

Tomorrow, I'm hopefully spending the day with a friend.  Then Friday I'm off to a local bead show, to partake in wholesale pricing with my fancy new resellers license in hand and also take a few classes.  I am very excited about this!  I'm also going to spend some precious one on one time with my precious girls!  Maybe I'll take Abby to see Cars and Emily to the park.

I'm giddy with excitement about my time off.  

No comments:

Post a Comment