Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Bringing in the Big Guns

I needed help and bad...  So I brought in the big guns...



The last couple nights, Emily has been fighting getting ready for bed at night.  When we go to put her in her PJ's, she kicks, she screams, she wiggles, she does her best to get as far away from me as possible.  Last night was no exception.

Sunday evening Emily did the same thing and we were able to wrestle her into her PJ's, while we both broke a sweat.  Last night, Steve was working late so I was on my own.  I scooped my littlest angel up to head to her room for bedtime.  She started screaming, kicking, crying, and downright protesting going to bed. 

I did my best.  I was patient with her, telling her that I would hold her until she was ready to calm down and get dressed.  While I sat there, getting kicked and on the verge of losing my hearing from the screaming, I was able to think through a reasonable plan.  I came up with the idea to call in the big guns.

"Abby, Abby, can you come here please and help Mommy?".  Abby was in the living room watching her wind down TV for the evening.  If there is one person in the house who can get Emily to do what we want her to, it's Abby.  Abby, my very helpful, sweet, compassionate child.  She will do whatever she can (most times) to help her sister stop crying.

Abby walked into the room and I asked her if she could help me get Emily's PJ's on her.  As soon as Abby started helping, Emily immediately went from crying and screaming, to holding her foot out for Abby to put her PJ bottom's on and laughing.  It was a very sweet moment.  A very special sister moment.  'Mommy' could not satisfy Emily, but Abby could, her big sister, the one she wants to be with at all times.  The one she admires and loves dancing with.

Abby is a very special big sister, and on days like yesterday, both Emily and I are very lucky to have her in our lives.  We are actually very lucky to have her in our lives every day,  Thank you big guns!

No comments:

Post a Comment