Monday, June 20, 2011

Commissioned Project - Complete

I did it, despite one minor schedule disruption.

I'm a planner.  I hate the mad dash at the end of a deadline.  I like peaceful and proactive progress, at work as well as at home.  I like to finish projects ahead of time with a little bit a breathing room just in case. 

This project was well planned.  I cut the fabric and started sewing over the weekend.  I was scheduled to finish Tuesday evening.  'Was', being the key word here. 

During the day at work on Tuesday, there was an awful lot of pounding going on in an office not far from mine.  Some repair work.  That, coupled with an extra sunny day and no sunglasses to be found, spelled disaster for me.  That evening, my head was pounding and I mean noise and light sensitivity pounding.

When Steve got home at 6pm, I went to lay down, for 30 minutes, for the advil to kick in and to ease the pounding in my head.  Next thing I know, it's 11:45pm, I must have been tired.  Oops.

I had 6 more little wallets to finish, but each one of them was already about 60%  done.  Well, I did it, delivered the projects.  I also added a little necklace inside for a little extra something special.  I hope the women liked them (I should know later today)! 

Here are some pictures of the finished projects.  The party colors were purple, yellow and gray.  This fabric was just perfect!  Special thanks to Buddha for the assistance. 






1 comment:

  1. Just caught up on your blog. It's all so cute. Can't wait to hear your shop name!! Congrats.

    Want to come to Napa and do a small show out of my home with me?!

    ReplyDelete