Sunday, January 23, 2011

How I Manage as a Working Mom: amazon.com to the Rescue.

When I'm busy at work, I'm busy. Making sure food, cleaning supplies, diapers, air filters for our furnace and other necessities are stocked in the house for my family is difficult. I don't have time in my day to hit the grocery store or WalMart/Target.

One day, I stumbled upon amazon.com's subscribe and save feature one day while I was looking to compare the cost of diapers from Amazon vs. the local Target store vs. other diaper centric websites.

With subscribe and save on amazon.com, I save between 15-30% on items we use everyday. I am able to set up a recurring delivery for these items, choosing from deliveries every 1, 2, 3 or 6 months. Tonight, I found a great deal on Seventh Generation Dish Soap. I paid $10.68 for 6 bottles, less than $2 each, what a bargain!!

As stated on their web site: "There are no commitments. Cancel your subscription anytime, online, 24 hours a day. Use the "Manage Your Subscribe & Save Items" page, which can be found in Your Account."

I know having these items shipped to us is not the most earth friendly way to acquire these goods (shipping costs, the boxes used to ship them and a variety of other factors), but I try to do my part in other areas.

Thanks Amazon for offering this service. Around the time I realize we are running low on something, it gets delivered.

No comments:

Post a Comment