Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I Made a Deal

Six months ago, I spent a wonderful day with a friend of mine (Liz) and we uncovered new things about each other. It was a special day as we have been friends for, gulp, almost 20 years. We each realized that our personal goals stretched beyond what we do on a day to day basis. She is a darn good vet and I am in finance in the corporate world.

I won't divulge Liz's goals, but I'll let it be known that I think it's a fantastic idea!

Over the past couple weeks, I've been trying to work smarter, outsourcing what I can and spending more time doing what I like. One aspect is this blog, another is creating items and sharing ideas that would help working and SAHM's make their lives easier or things they would just simply enjoy. This is in addition to my 50-60 hour a week job and somehow I am making it all work. In fact, because I am doing something for 'me', the time I spend with my kids is more fulfilling and special. I seem to be squeaking out more time with them during the day as well.

Liz and I made a deal that we would check with each other on our progress around her birthday. I sure have a lot to get done in the next month. Expect more frequent posts from me, bear with me as I stumble through the beginning stages of this process and feel free to throw feedback or suggestions my way..

No comments:

Post a Comment