Thursday, March 3, 2011

They Grow Up Fast - They Really Do!!!

It's cliche, it's over used, it's heard a lot when you have kids, but it's true.  They grow up fast!!

I blinked and Abby was no longer a baby.  I blinked and she was no longer a toddler.  I blinked and now she's potty trained and tracing the letters of her name at preschool.  How does this happen so fast?  Why can't parents have the ability to freeze time and enjoy a stage for an extended period of time?  On the flip side, it is amazing to see them learn from day to day.  To build new skills, to watch their personalities develop, to make friends and memories that I hope will last her a life time.

Then there is Miss Em.  How is she 14 months old already?  When did she go from barely walking to running through the house?  One thing I'm not sad about, she is now consistently sleeping through the night, ahhhhh!!  Miss Em quickly went from getting most of her calories from formula/milk, to wanting nothing but real food.  She is starting to communicate by pointing, shaking her head (mostly 'no'), using a little sign language and saying a few words.

I need to find more balance with my job and family.  I want my girls to know I am there for them.  Yesterday, I only saw them for about 30 minutes.  This makes me sad and I have to be sure it does not become the norm. 

I need to break the camera out more often so I can capture my girls as they grow up and look back on the pictures and the memories.  Here are some of my favorite pictures from the past couple months.  They already look more grown up than these pictures.  

Abby with her Daddy


Emily testing out a headband

  Abby dressing up like Fancy Nancy, complete with Coach sunglasses case

Emily potty training (not really, she's just copying Abby, but she's very pleased with herself)

No comments:

Post a Comment