Sunday, March 13, 2011

Working on a Caffeine Addiction

I've been stretched pretty think lately, so I had to bring in the big guns; caffeine. 

I gave up caffeine about 10 years ago.  It was speeding up my heart and if I had any sort of coffee after 12 noon, I'd be awake for what seemed like days.  I would sweat, I would talk incessantly, I would feel anxious and nervous all the time.  At the encouragement of my doctor, I gave up caffeine. 

I didn't give up coffee back then.  I still enjoyed a decaf coffee or espresso drink on a daily basis.  People wondered why I drank decaf, "what's the point" they would ask.  I really, really enjoy the taste of coffee, good coffee, Peet's coffee to be exact.  

Lately however, with work and sick kids and all the demands that go along with working and kids, I need a little assistance.  The logical choice was caffeine.  It can lead to a caffeine dependency, which I am sure I am headed for, if not already there.  I figure if I'm going to have an addiciton, I'd prefer coffee over a handful of other more severe addictions. 

Thank you caffeine for being there for me lately.  We'll have to break-up one of these days, but until then, I'm happy to have you back in my life.

Sincerly,
Susan




No comments:

Post a Comment