Thursday, April 21, 2011

The Aftermath

Oh boy, this one was tough!

As I might have alluded to before, I've been busy at work.  A lot of the work my team and I have been doing came to a head this week.  We had meetings, we presented budgets.  Overall I would say it was a success.  We improved relationships with our business partners, which will go along way to making our jobs more effective and meaningful.  I took many hits and received many bruises (figurative, not literal), fighting for my team and the things we needed. 

I finally see progress and I am very excited about our near term future and we continue to make an impact.  What made it all worth it, was my team.  They are all fantastic, skilled, curious and mature.

What the last 2 months caused was quite the aftermath in my home life.  I have not been easy to deal with.  I have been overworked, tired and stressed.  Our house is totally disorganized (with the exception of what our nanny has graciously helped with).  My laundry is scattered all over the place (bathroom, laundry basket, floor of closet, laundry area, etc.) the fridge is bare, I'm sure there are some overdue bills and official looking notices I need to tend to after I find them.  There are clothes that are too small in my kids dresser drawers and I have no idea what I am going to serve for Easter brunch. 

Somehow, I'll get our lives back in order and under some level of control.

I hope everyone has a great weekend. If you celebrate Easter, I hope your time with family and those you love is wonderful.  I'll be enjoying time with my family and cleaning up the aftermath.

No comments:

Post a Comment