Friday, February 4, 2011

She Kicked Me Out...


Steve typically does bath time for the girls as most days it is the only time he sees them in the evenings.

Tonight we split bath responsibilities and I was in charge of Abby.  She was bathed, hair was combed, teeth were brushed and a story read.  As is typical when I put Abby to bed, I crawl into bed with her and we go through a simple routine.  This routine involves scratching her head, scratching her back and a shoulder massage.  Yes, she is going to be a spa brat when she's older.  This routine does wonders for helping her wind down and get to sleep.

I was done with the routine, she was very mellow and politely asked "Please go to sleep Mommy".  I was a little confused, but assumed she just meant lay next to her while she falls asleep.  Then she asked again, "Please go to sleep Mommy".  I wasn't quite getting what she was trying to tell me so I asked her if she wanted me to leave.  Without hesitation she said "yes".  She kicked me out of her room. 

Is a 3 year old supposed to start kicking her Mommy out of her room this young?  This wasn't supposed to happen until she was at least in kindergarten?  I thought I had a few good years left of her always wanting me around.  My heart sank a little when she very politely asked me to leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment