Friday, February 18, 2011

The Week in Review

It was a good week and it was a bad week. 

The Good:
  1. Spending 4 days in the snow with my family.  
  2. Watching Abby and Murphy exhaust themselves while walking in the snow.  
  3. Emily had fun in a new environment and exploring (climbing stairs and furniture). 
  4. Laughing with my husband over silly things again, this was nice! 
  5. Getting clearance from Emily's eye Dr. that her droopy eyelid wasn't getting worse or causing vision problems.  She was cooperative as they were shining lights and touching her face.  And yes, 'droopy eyelid' is the proper medical term, I think. 
  6. Sharing sweet moments with my children, snuggling with them, laughing with them and hearing Emily say 'uh oh' for the first time.
  7. Seeing Abby's school projects which included tracing the letters of her name (Abigail) and connect sets of dots to the corresponding number.  Impressive for a 3.5 year old, but I might be biased.
  8. Getting excited about my trip to India, even though I'll be away from my kids way too long.

The Bad:
  1. Coming back to work after 4 days in the snow with my family.  The emails, the emails, I'm still trying to catch up. 
  2. Gearing up for budgeting season at work. 
  3. Trying to work through communication issues.
  4. Having to escalate issues to my boss.  I really like to try to resolve issues on my own.
  5. Abby talking a lot about 'pee' and 'poo'.  She picked up this potty language from school.  
I'd say it was an overall good week.  The 'Good' outweighs the 'Bad' and I have some great memories from the past week.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment