Friday, February 4, 2011

Staying Organized - Is It Possible?

Staying organized and clutter free is a constant battle for me.  My profession involves reconciling data across multiple sources and reports.  Have I lost you yet?  I am pretty good at keeping track of data on paper and on my computer, but it's the tangible items I struggle to keep organized and in their place.  Perhaps I have too many tangible items, or perhaps having two small children and all their tangible items are just too much for me to keep up with.

A co-worker will be welcoming a new baby into her home soon and she has enlisted the help of an organizing professional.  What a great idea, but it comes with a cost that I'm not yet willing to shell out.  I've been doing some research on ways to get and stay organized and here are a few things I've purchased to help us get started....

Thin Felt Hangers - I redid my closet with these beauties and I was able to reclaim a ton of space.  These hangers are almost life changing.

Over the Door Shoe Organizer - From Crate and Barrel.  Very solid construction and materials.  This also saved a lot of space in my closet.

Container Store Dot Baskets - We use these in all closets in our house and for the girls toys.  They are easy to clean and easy to grasp with the handles.  These baskets have been roughed up quite a bit and have held up really well.

Paper Source File Folders - These little pretties actual make me file more often.  They really do!

The one thing I really need to focus on this year is purging, especially as my youngest is quickly going from one size of clothes to the next and progressing to a new stage of age appropriate toys.  I should carve out a little time each month to get rid of the things we no longer need or use.  Perhaps these purging tips can help?

No comments:

Post a Comment